Thursday, October 7, 2010

To You, Frau Larsson

Zimtschnecke at Frau Larsson's

This post goes out to my friend Annika who, last week, opened her own Swedish café in Hamburg, Frau Larsson. In doing so, Annika did something that few of us do: she not only talked the talk, she walked the walk. I've listened to her describe her idea for a Swedish café for the last three years - the concept, what she would bake, the menu, the decor, a location. And I'd  respond with plans for my American style breakfast place - french toast, eggs benedict, etc. And I still talk about it, - that AND my cookbook-slash-test kitchen restaurant AND my import shop with textiles from women's coops in Afghanistan, and and and.... 

But last week, Annika OPENED FRAU LARSSON. She did it. She realized a dream. And I am so very proud of her.


Frau Larsson: Kaffee, Kuchen, Köttbuller - coffee, cake and swedish meatballs. Sounds better in German...


Frau Larsson's sells delicious Swedish specialties like Blabärssylt (that's blueberry jam to you and me)


And Swedish mustards...


And of course, a mean latte macchiato..


Congratulations Frau Larsson! Wishing you many full tables, happy customers and permanent place on the Schinkelplatz scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment